logo

Carlotta - the museum database

OBJTXTAcquisition

CountValue
1A. Westholm, SCE 1928.
10A. Westholm, SCE 1930.
1According to a note: Sven Hedin 1894.
1According to a note in the archives of the Medelhavsmuseet, the ring was purchased through and antiquities dealer in Switzerland in 1980.
1According to label on back purchased as no. 51 at the auction of Count O. Fröli.. Stockholm, April 1889.
1According to Peterson (1964) found in a well at Amarna. He give nothing to support this.
1Acquired at auction at Ars Antiqua, 1962. Gift from King Gustaf IV Adolf.
1Acquired at auction at Ars Antiqua, Luzern.
1Acquired at H. Vollmueller, Zürich.
1Acquired at Max Willborg, Stockholm.
1Acquired at Pergamum c. 1880 by S. von Ehrenhoff, the Swedish ambassador to the Sublime Porte. Then bought from the estate of his daughter, principessa Cariati, Florence, in 1943 through countess S. Oxenstierna after having been selected in Florence by the then museum assistant O. Antonsson.
14Acquired at Sardis by the Swedish-Norwegian Consul at Smyrna, Mr. F. W. Spiegelthal. Given by him to the then Prince Oscar, later King Oscar II, who in his turn donated it to the National Museum in 1868.
1Acquired at the auction of the collection of Estrid Ericson, June 1983 (no. 357 in the auction).
1Acquired by Carl-Gustaf Styrenius at Miletos.
1Acquired by king Gustaf III. From the collection of W. Hamilton, Naples.
3Acquired by prince Oscar (later king Oscar II). Transferred from Gustaf III:s Museum of Antiquities to the National Museum.
1Acquired by prof. Axel Boëthius from Jandolo, Rome. Gift from H.M. King Gustaf Vi Adolf in 1960.
39Acquired by T.J. Arne, from his travel in Turkey and Syria in 1907.
10Acquired by T.J. Arne, purchased in Aintab.
1Acquired by T.J. Arne, purchased in Marasch.
182Acquired by T.J. Arne.
1Acquired by the Natonalmuseum in 1876 at an auction of the belongings of Captain B. Cronstrand.
1Acquired for the National Museum from an art dealer in Palermo in 1937 by O. Antonsson.
1Acquired from a person from Pakistan
1Acquired from or collected by Rezius
1Acquired from the Ambassador Eric von Posts collection in June 1968.
3Acquired from the Cairo Museum 1931
1Acquired in 1976 from a Swiss art dealer and deposited in the museum by the Royal Academy of Letters, History and Antiquities.
1Acquired in Cairo in 1948.
1Acquired in Cyprus 1948.
20Acquired in exchange with Soprintendenza alle Antichità della Puglia e del Materano.
1Acquired in Greece. Gift from prince Oscar, 1894, through J. Böttiger, Surveyor to the Royal Household.
2Acquired in Limassol 1948.
1Acquired in Naples, 1784, by king Gustaf III. Transferred from Gustaf III:s Museum of Antiquities to the National Museum.
1Acquired in Nicosia 1948.
1Acquired June 5, 1929.
1Acquired through Max Willborg.
2Acquired through Mr. Michael Andronicou in 1953.
1Acquired through Piranesi and King Gustaf III.
1Acquired through the Swedish-Norwegian Consul at Piraeus, Mr. M. N. Rodocanachi, 1881.
9Adelborg Collection. Acquired by artist M. Adelborg in Cyprus in the 1960’s. Acquired by Medelhavsmuseet in 1995.
1Adelborg Collection. Acquired by artist M. Adelborg in Cyprus in the 1960’s. Acquired by Medelhavsmuseet in 1999.
1Adelborg Collection. Acquired by artist M. Adelborg in Cyprus in the 1985. Acquired by Medelhavsmuseet in 1995.
1After having been deposited for many years by a private owner, Mr Stefan Brunow of Helsinki, the vase was purschased in December 2011 with funds provided by the Friends of the Medelhavsmuseet. New inv. no.= MM 2011:001.
1A gift by the Cyprus Museum, Nicosia.
2Ambassador Carl Bergenstråhle (1909-1977) donated three bricks to the Medelhavsmuseet in 1976. He purchased them when he served as secretary of Swedish legation in Teheran in 1940. When he donated them to the Medelhavsmuseet, he claimed that they came from a wall in the northeastern part of the south palace in Babylon where R. Koldewey assumed that the “hanging gardens” were situated. This information is probably correct for two of the bricks (MM 1977:23b and MM 1977:23c). However, the third brick (MM 1977:23a) seems to be from Choga Zanbil in western Iran
1Ambassador Carl Bergenstråhle (1909-1977) donated three bricks to the Medelhavsmuseet in 1976. He purchased them when he served as secretary of Swedish legation in Teheran in 1940. When he donated them to the Medelhavsmuseet, he claimed that they came from a wall in the northeastern part of the south palace in Babylon where R. Koldewey assumed that the “hanging gardens” were situated. This information is probably correct for two of the bricks (MM 1977:23b and MM 1977:23c). However, the third brick (MM 1977:23a) seems to be from Choga Zanbil in western Iran.
11Anonymous donation.
1Aquired from auction "Stockholms auktionskammare". Sold by relatives tio Ernst Åqvist, one of the main donors to the SCE. The jug was donated to Åqvist by SCE in 1932. It was bought back 4/6-2010.
1Aquired from Cyprus in exchange for an idol, Ky. 412, found by SCE.
1Aquired from the Erik Åhqvist collection through Stockholms auktionsverk 4/6 2010
1Aquired in 1951 from Petrakides, Nicosia (reg. no. 499), via Michael Andronikou.
5Arne
1Axel and Nora Lundgrens gift